Sunday, May 22, 2011

Truckee River - Takin it all in

This was more of a recon trip today. The Truckee was pumpin, even above Prosser its still pretty high, but fishable.

Ants were out today.
I gotta be quicker on the set, the takes are short in this fast water...I missed a couple today.Prosser was pumpin too.Thought I could get out on the upper LT today...damn, its over its banks here, forget that. It looks like the big Truckee.Along 89 the Truckee wasn't blown out, but unfortunately, its too low @ 70cfs. All the fish were stacked up at Fanny Bridge. I just had to test out my new camera in 1080p and 60fps. If you have the bandwidth, watch it in 720p or 1080p. I know its Fanny, but I get pumped knowing these big fish spread out in the upper Truckee when they increase the flows. Today, no rainbows, only browns, but there were about 25 of them! I bet the smallest ones are 22" and they go up from there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment