Saturday, May 12, 2012

Good Times East of Town

On Friday my pops and I hooked up with Matt "Gilligan" Koles for some spring fly fishing on the Truckee River East of Reno. I have to tell you, going with Matt makes it seem so easy to catch fish, but it ain't. The water East of Reno is tough to read and difficult to effectively fish without a boat, having the guide is a huge plus. We put a few nice bows in the net but lost some nice ones too. I had a healthy rainbow pop me in some heavy water and had a hot brown wrap me up around debris on the bottom, but hey, that's why they call it fish'n. All in all, it was a great day, great weather, and a great guide. Folks, if you want to know where the big dogs lie...now you know who to call.

Thanks Matt, we had a blast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment